After 9 pregnancies and births, I’m pretty familiar with all the popular gifts for moms-to-be. Blankets, baby clothes and diapers are all necessities, but once those are well stocked, what else can people bring to a baby shower? This gift box is THE best baby shower gift and perfect for preparing any mom for the postpartum period.
If it wasn’t already apparent, let me just state that I love pregnancy and babies! Expecting a new baby brings so much joy and excitement to life, along with a little anxiety and trepidation.
There are oodles and oodles of books, blog posts and articles out there about pregnancy and all the changes it brings. But the postpartum period gets a little overlooked.
And if a pregnant mama asks around about what to expect after baby, she might be a little terrified at hearing her friends’ experiences. There’s sure to be lots of talk about sore body parts, excessive bleeding, sleep deprivation and emotional overwhelm. Yikes.
In reality, there is some of that, but there are also SO many feelings of love, joy and contentment. It’s honestly my favorite part of the whole baby-growing experience.
In honor of this beautifully difficult and triumphant period of life, I present the New Mama Basics Gift Box!
I created this box in honor of new moms everywhere who have all the baby clothes and diapers they could ever need, but might not know how to take care of themselves right after baby is born.
This box is filled with 6 homerun items that I gradually learned (over the past 16 years of having babies) can either make or break a 4th trimester.
The New Mama Gift Box contains:
• A silky soft hospital-friendly nightgown complete with front and back openings for convenience during birth and breastfeeding
• The perfect sleep bra to support sensitive, postpartum breasts and keep nursing pads in place
• 2 pack of contoured, reusable nursing pads
• Organic nipple balm to soothe sore, cracked nipples
• 3 pack of absorbent, disposable underwear (a favorite of experienced moms) to help with postpartum bleeding and cleanup
• 1 bar of high quality fine chocolate OR gourmet candy because treats make everything better!
• A list of my top 10 postpartum tips for a healthy and happy fourth trimester
Not only does this box make a fantastic baby shower gift for any pregnant mom (it’s especially perfect for a 2nd or 3rd time mom), it’s also a great gift to buy yourself.
Bringing a new baby into the world is a time for celebration, but in my experience, neighbors and family members can get so caught up in the miracle of new life, they forget to check in with the new mama to see how she’s doing.
And even when asked, sometimes mom is too embarrassed or overwhelmed to admit that she’s struggling.
A New Mama Gift Box ensures that mom feels just as pampered as the precious new baby will be.